Monday 21 February 2011

Studio Flowers

Spent a bit of time yesterday with the studio setup shooting some of VE Flowers creations.  As I usually shoot her flowers outdoors in more natural surroundings it was great to be able to control the light and get some nice clean backgrounds.  On the other hand it was challenging to get interesting compositions, I think I managed a few decent shots in the end?
This shabby chic enamel bucket would be perfect for flower girls.

Flower Wand, a really nice mix of colours and textures employed here

This flower wand is a great idea for flower girls as it is light and easy to carry all day and looks very elegant

The centre of the rose had  some beautiful soft tones and lovely curves 

This tulip bouquet was used in a photo shoot a couple of days before and was looking a little bit tired but the colours were still glorious

Amazing what you (well what Vicky) can do with a few daffodils and a bit of ribbon 

Experimented a bit with my blue background, doesn't work with all flowers the bright yellow looks great against it here

"The Tulip Swan Song"  With craned necks there was just enough life left in them for this vibrant display

I didn't bother putting the macro lens on, I sort of wish I had now, this was taken with the 24-70mm

One of the few tulips left standing at the end of the shoot



No comments:

Post a Comment