Sunday 25 September 2011

Something a little different - vintage tractor ploughing!

Woke up this morning feeling a little bit stiff from yesterday's wedding photography at Great Massingham and King's Lynn.  I thought I deserved a couple of hours off before getting back to editing so popped along to Cockthorpe Airfield to watch some vintage tractors compete in a ploughing contest.

Having not been to the event before I didn't quite know what to expect.  The variety of tractors on show wasn't outstanding and the ploughing was a bit slow to start with, a lot of checking furrows before they really get up speed.  Note to self, next time go two hours after the event starts to see some real action!

Anyway there were a few groovy 1950's type tractors which looked the part and the men on board looked like they were all taking it pretty seriously and I did my best to put them off whilst photographing them.

The smell of bacon rolls however made me too hungry so I made my way home after a couple of hours to make my own.

All I could think about whilst photographing the tractors is how good a bride and groom would have looked driving one!

Here are a few shots from the event.










1 comment:

  1. These tractors are absolutely awesome, Brian. Each one was shot bautifully, especially the GEB511 tractor - that one's a classic, man. :) I'm impressed. Not to mention, you didn't quite know what to expect from the event. :P

    Bernadine Koster

    ReplyDelete